The last days in Japan

Möscow Club

After a wild 10 hours drive through the night we arrived at lunch directly to Tokyo. The record company had taken us to an old temple where we would record and film acoustic sessions with some of our songs. We met up with the team behind “Tokyo Acoustic Sessions” and started to look for nice areas to shoot the videos. Finally we decided to play the songs going around among the ancient temples and tombs. We will post the result on the blog as soon as they are done.

After a quick visit at the hotel we headed straight to Tower Records in Shibuya. One of Japan’s largest record stores, placed in a huge skyscraper where each floor is dedicated to its own music style. We went in through the back door and were told to wait in their office until everything was prepared.

When we get out on the floor for pop and rock we were greeted by an unexpectedly large crowd of people, standing in front of the stage where we were going to play. We performed an acoustic gig with six songs and the crowd seemed completely satisfied. Afterwards a huge line was formed and we signed albums and took some fan photos!

For the first time, there was no requirement to party so we headed home to the hotel afterwards and had a good long sleep.

In store gig @ Tower Records Shibuya

When we woke up on our last day in Tokyo we felt greatly refreshed. Soon, a new adventure was waiting for us in a new country, so we took the opportunity to do some errands before the last show. After a combined breakfast and laundry we had one last round of shopping writing postcards and packing for the trip to China.

Koyo, from This Time Records, picked us up and transported us to the venue, that for the first time, was located above ground. Seven stories up in the air. The bar had a panoramic window that looked out over the Tokyo skyline. Amazing! After soundcheck one of the other bands, Möscow Club, asked us to eat Sushi with them. We tried a lot of new variants unlike the ones we have at home. So tasty!

The last gig was really as good as we hoped fore. Full house and the crowd was really on fire. Afterwards, we wrote more autographs, took more photos and sold more merch than ever before. We stayed in the skyline bar in the early hours and there were many hugs and goodbyes to our new friends before we had to leave.

The tour in Japan has been amazing. We have met so many wonderful people, done fantastic shows and visited many cool places. And this will not be the last time we visit you guys. We will be back!

Now our next adventure begins. Here we go China!

O-nest ShibuyaTheo Berndt - Fan photo